miércoles, 28 de octubre de 2020

Blog 3: My favorite series

 

Outlander It is a British-American dramatic series, it is based on the novels Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, developed by Ronald D. Moore and produced by Sony Picture Television.

Its premiere was on August 9, 2014, it has 5 seasons broadcast and this year the 6 season was being produced, but due to the pandemic the filming was stopped.

The series introduces us to Claire Beachamp (Caitriona Balfe), who is a combat nurse in the Second World War in 1945. Who during a trip to Scotland with her husband, Frank Randall (Tobias Menzies), visits a circle of ancient stones, which transports her to Scotland in 1734, where the last Jacobite uprisings are lived, and a battle between Scottish and British.

At this time is where she meets Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan), a young Scotsman, with whom she is forced to marry to ensure her survival, but she did not count on him falling in love with Jamie, so she is divided between the love of two men from different times.

The character development is perfect, it is shown that all the participants in the story are relevant, besides that it is interesting to see the game of time. Since Claire knows part of the history of Scotland, thanks to her husband Frank, so she must know what moves she can make, so that a change is not caused in the Frank era.

It is a great series for those who want to learn about other cultures and a bit of history, showing the Scottish customs. in addition to giving us the beautiful landscapes of Scotland.

The series can be seen on the Netflix and Movistar + platforms


4 comentarios:


  1. I saw a couple of episodes of the first season, but then I did not continue watching.
    Maybe I will give it a second chance!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. The love triangle is not my cup of tea, but I love stories based on wars or about war doctors. Maybe I'll see it in the future.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I saw the first season of the series, I want have more time to continue watching it because it is very great

    ResponderEliminar
  4. This series I saw and come to the second season, I really love the landscape of the series and how they portray the ancient era. I hope to see the series again in the near future.

    ResponderEliminar

Blog 6: English language challenges

I think I learned more English in university than in school. So it has served me a lot,  blogging has helped too much to practice my writing...